Friday, December 12, 2014

Lesson #2

Here is lesson #2 that I shared at Eli's memorial:

 Eli taught me about God's use of miracles...

 I learned that the obvious miracles are not ways as the most beautiful ones.

I thought a lot about miracles in July. The "obvious" miracle would have been for Eli's body to be healed.
I thought about so many New Testament examples of Jesus healing people. They all seemed physical at a first glance...and I was puzzled by this.  Why only write about the physical miracles?
I think he was showing us something we would understand...that everyone would understand. We understand a physical miracle. We someone who can't see has their sight restored, it is obvious to everyone.  When someone who has never walked, suddenly has the use of their legs, it is a miracle. Those miracles are beautiful, but don't you think it is even more miraculous when someone is spiritually brought back to life instead of physically? Isn't it more beautiful when someone's spiritual eyes are opened instead of their physical eyes being opened? He is capable of performing those miracles as well. I absolutely believe that God had the power to heal Elis' body, but he didn't.  Eli's body was still a miracle because it was the created exactly as God had always intended.  It gave Eli the gateway to the spirit world, which was the next step in his progression. God really did make Eli's body for his spirit.  Not his spirit for his body.  He didn't mess up.  He doesn't mess up.

I feel like a piece of my heart has been taken away. I feel like the middle of my heart is gone and all the other pieces strewn about. I feel like it is impossible to feel whole until I am with Eli again. I think this is true, I won't feel completely whole until I am with him again. That is a very difficult and depressing thought because there is no resolution in this life. I think it would take a mighty miracle to fix my heart well enough that I could do what God needs me to do for the rest of my life. I feel like it would take a miracle for me to experience joy again. It would take the miracle of the atonement. I know it would be a miracle because it seems impossible, and that's what miracles are...Asking God to help us do something that is, by any earthly standard...impossible.

Eli taught me about Gods use of miracles...

I learned that the obvious miracles are not always as the most beautiful ones 

No comments:

Post a Comment