Tuesday, December 16, 2014

a laughing matter

We received Eli's death certificate a few weeks ago.  It was a weird thing to get.  You don't really want to get one of those. It looks very similar to a birth certificate, but is less wordy. I was interested what it would say. I wasn't overly sad when I got it.  I just read over it a few times to see what the world had to say about him. I love to see his full name written out.

Eli Aaron Gause

It makes me feel like he is acknowledged.  It comforts me. There is a spot on it that says: Education.  

On Eli's it says: 

Education: None

I started laughing... out loud.  I thought that was a little paradoxical.  I have learned so much from Eli and his mighty spirit.  I get why they had to write: "None," but it was so inaccurate that it made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment