Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Rocking Horse



For Christmas, Eli got a beautiful gift from my dad and Tami.  I saw the box and my heart  filled when I saw Eli's name.  He hadn't received any other gifts (except the beautiful, homemade gifts from Ethan).  For some reason, seeing his name on a box did so, so much for me.  I opened it and was absolutely speechless.  My dad had made him a miniature rocking horse.  He has made one for each family as grandchildren have been born.  This small one is an exact replica of the larger ones.  It is even to scale...I believe 33% as big as the original.  My dad's Grandpa Graff and my Grandpa Snow made the "original" rocking horse from a pattern that Grandpa Graff had used as a woodshop teacher at Hurricane high school.  They made it for Rob, my dad's oldest brother.  My dad continued the tradition as he made one for my oldest brother, Tyler, when he was 2.  My dad used that same pattern to make one for each of his children's families for the grandchildren to enjoy.  I couldn't have been more touched.  It was the perfect gift.  Thank you dad and Tami.  It truly is the sweetest and most beautiful little rocking horse ever made.  

No comments:

Post a Comment