Monday, January 5, 2015

2 months

Eli was born 2 months ago today.  The "birthday" thing has taken me a little while to figure out.  I don't want to say he would have been 2 months old today, because that just isn't true.  He isn't here and he was never meant to be here, so imagining a 2 month old does a lot more harm than good (as you can imagine...).

But Eli was born 2 months ago today.  He became an official part of our family.  He received his mortal body as an essential step to his eternal progression.  It is 2 months closer to when I will see him again.  It is the his birthday in so many senses of the word, and this day matters to us and to him.

I was talking to Jason tonight and telling him how I wanted to do everything again.  Not because I regret anything...but just to have the experience again.  I want to do it over and over and over.  I think I would do it all the same...but maybe record a little more of it.  

We all wear our Team G shirts on the 5th of every month.  We are working on a name for this day...maybe "Team G" day...not sure yet.  I'm not sure what we will do each month, but today it felt right for each of us to write Eli a letter and send it up to him with a white balloon.  I believe that Eli literally receives the messages we send to him.  I have thought a great deal about what happens to what we write down (to him and in general).  It can't be lost when we die.  It is written somewhere in heaven.  That is just my opinion...hopefully someone in heaven recorded my whole pregnancy and my 4 hours and 51 precious minutes with Eli.  I will be expecting a copy of this when I die.  Me and Eli will be watching and reading it together. 

We went to the cemetery to send him our letters.  The sunset was beautiful...painted just for us on this special day. We felt close to him.

I have hesitated to post pictures of the cemetery.  I'm not sure why.  It is a very sacred place... like the temple to me.  It is easy to feel Eli there.  I hope you can sense the sacredness of this place too.

The amazing thing is that I did not edit the sunset pics at all...






1 comment:

  1. I love that you are celebrating the 5th day of each month. Maybe everyone should have a "team G(insert letter) day". What a sense of unity it gives to a family! Love.

    ReplyDelete