Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A day for miracles

The 5th is a day for miracle babies.  Eli was born on the 5th.  My nephew, Grayson, was born on the 5th.  Both of them are miracles.  You may wonder why I call Eli a miracle...didn't he die?  A miracle has so much more to do with God giving us great things than is has to do with life and death.  A miracle is a beautiful, profound and, sometimes, an unexplainable way that God speaks to us.  

Eli was definitely a miracle.  He was the result of much fasting and prayer.  He was able to fulfill his mission here because of the prayers offered in our family's behalf.  He has taught me so much and continues to teach me all the time.  He is connected to me in a more powerful way than flesh and blood.  His spirit can reach my spirit.  It is the strongest kind of bond.  

Grayson was born September 5th.  He is a miracle as well.  He came about because of in vitro. Grayson had a twin, who died in utero.  He was born after much fasting and prayer and waiting and waiting and waiting...  He was meant to be here at this time.  He is a miracle.  

Grayson wasn't supposed to be born on the 5th.  He was supposed to be born on the 9th.  But, somehow, the schedule was changed, and he arrived on the 5th.

I was worried about having Eli on the 5th.  We had our ultrasound October 28th and Dr. D wanted to induce me ASAP.  I had always wanted to carry Eli as long as possible. She reluctantly allowed us to wait until Ethan's birthday was over (November 1), but the first day Dr. T was available was the 5th.  He wouldn't be available again until the 12th.  I knew we had to do it the 5th.   I was 37 weeks and 5 days.  It didn't seem long enough.  I stressed over the schedule of my doctor.  I had the spirit whisper to me that God was in control of their schedules.  Eli was coming exactly when he was supposed to. So, two cousins, two miracles, two 5th's.




No comments:

Post a Comment