Tuesday, January 27, 2015

JaLaine and Laena

After I finished my last post about: 21 days I realized I had forgotten one very important thing about the number 21: 

November 21st was Eli's due date.

April 21st was Laena's due date

July 21st is my birthday.

September 21st is JaLaine's (Laena's mom's) birthday.  

Coincidence?  

It's also interesting that each of these 21st dates coincides with a different season.  Eli (winter), Laena (spring), me (summer), JaLaine (fall).  Me and Eli are in the opposite seasons, and JaLaine and Laena are in opposite seasons.  hmmmm.....I guess Eli is technically in fall, but anyways... that makes the point less intriguing. 

"Do you think the universe fights for souls to be together?
Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences." -Emery Allen


I read a little bit about the number 21.  It seemed like some of the things I read were similar to a horoscope, but there was some interesting info as I sifted through it.  There was a lot of talk of prime numbers and triangular numbers and I hadn't the faintest idea what any of it meant.   Here is the part I liked... maybe I am grasping for meaning in everything, but I think there is more meaning in things than we usually acknowledge.  God is anxious to teach us truth...He does it in so very many ways:

NUMBER 21: As a product of three times seven, the number twenty-one has long been considered a symbol of perfection. It is also a holy number in the Bible and a symbol of divine wisdom. In the West, twenty-one is a symbol of responsibility and adulthood. 

The number 21 represents harmony in the creation.

Today isn't the 21st, but it has been 2 months since Laena was born.  

How would you like to go to your "6 week check"  3 months before your baby was even due?  How would you like it if your belly is supposed to be growing, but shrinking?  How would  you like to see a bunch of other pregnant women with similar due dates happily anticipating their arrival, when your daughter has already come and gone?  Well...I think it's pretty awful and I love my sweet friend JaLaine.  I love the beauty of her heart.  I love the way she loves all of her children, including Laena.  
"A great soul is someone who loves, even when it hurts."  


JaLaine is a great soul.  I'm grateful for the example of motherhood she is to me in my life.  She loves deeply and genuinely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment