Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Ultrasound

We had our last ultrasound yesterday. We took Katelyn and Ethan with us. Katelyn seemed excited...Ethan was bored. I told him he didn't have to come, but he wanted to. We had a different ultrasound tech. She ways good. 
Eli was moving well.  He has flipped, so his head is up now.  I was surprised because he has been head down the whole time.  He does have a lot of fluid to swim in, so its not totally surprising that he has moved (at least to the doctor).  I guess they can do a "breech extraction."  That sounds like a horrible dental procedure to me.  They can deliver him bum first instead of head first.  I didn't even know they did that.  Because this is my 4th baby, she said it was fine to do.  All the more reason for the Dr. T to do it for me, because I really trust his judgement on this sort of thing.  He may still flip over before it's time so either way.... we'll just do a "normal" delivery. She advised against having a c-section again.

Growth: He is about 4 1/2 lbs and less than the 2nd percentile.  I guess they can't tell you anything less than 2%. I knew he would be small, but it's still a little surprising. 

Fluid: My fluid is up to 32... a new record for all of my pregnancies. Last time it was 30. I am more uncomfortable than I have ever been with a pregnancy and have had people comment on my large size.  It is really nice to know that other people notice as well :) just kidding

Placental function:  This time they did something called the "placenta dopplers." They did this one other time. It shows the blood flow in and out of the placenta.  Those were normal.  My insulin needs have gone down a little bit so this might be a sign that the placenta is starting to poop out.  Also, his growth is declining, so that may be a sign the placenta isn't doing as well. She said that the placenta is more likely to stop working during the 3rd trimester because of his diagnosis.

My blood pressure was fine.

I think they have to look at all of the things that are going on, and look at how old he is gestationally to make a decision.  She wanted to "get things going..." meaning have him soon.  She sensed some hesitation from us  I told her that I don't think we will ever feel "ready" to have him. I told her that Ethan's bday is on Saturday and we were hoping to avoid that day.  She seemed a little hesitant, but told us that we could wait until Monday.  I told her that Dr. T wasn't on until Tuesday and she thought that would be ok.  I have since realized that he isn't on until Wednesday... I am going to try and talk with him today and see what he thinks.
I'm fairly certain we will have him next Wednesday, the 5th.  We had decided to try and go until the 11th unless the doctors recommended otherwise.  She did.
We are just grateful we have made it this far and that he has done as well as he has. God is in charge and Eli is supposed to come at a certain time.  We have had great experiences with Dr. D and trust her judgement.   We know that God is guiding her as well as us. If there are changes happening in my body or Eli's, it is because it is part of the unfolding process. It's not necessarily bad.  We trust God. He knows what he's doing.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Brookie! You are so courageous and brave. And an inspiration to all of us. Deep breath! Keep it up. Please know that we are praying for you constantly and that we love you and your family deeply. We are with you all the way!! If there is ANYTHING we can do, please do not hesitate to notify.

    ReplyDelete