Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Doctor appointment

I went to another doctors appointment yesterday.  I saw Dr. T. My blood pressure is hanging out where it has been (129/84).  I feel like all of my questions have been answered a least 2 or 3 times now, so I didn't have much left to ask.  We talked about being able to use Eli's body for research or anything else.  He said this won't be possible. I'm fine with that.  I am just trying to make sure we don't have any questions left unanswered.  He said that he met with all of the doctors in his group and they re-discussed our situation. They are all in agreement that not resuscitating is the course of action they would recommend.  Dr. T is going to talk with neonatology today to make sure we are all on the same page.  I guess Dr. M (the neonatologist) has been out of town, so he will be back today.  
I have an ultrasound next Tuesday and he said to be prepared to deliver him if something looks weird on that.  I know this could happen, but I don't anticipate it.  I guess time will tell. 

I would really like to wait until he is closer to 38 weeks if possible.  He will be more developed. Also, Ethan's birthday is November 1st. He has his birthday party all planned out and I want to make this happen for him.  I also realized that Eli will have been here for all of our birthdays if this happens.  We found out we were pregnant just 2 days before Lincoln's birthday.  Katelyn and Jason were in May.  I was in July.  It would be sweet for me if he were here for Ethan's birthday too.

No comments:

Post a Comment