Wednesday, October 29, 2014

blessing outfit

We had to talk about what we would do with Eli only given a very short time with him.  It's hard to go through these thoughts in your head.  Usually after I have a baby, I just want to make it home and get into a "routine."  Nothing is routine about what we are doing. So... with only a short time to be with him, it was actually quite easy to decide what mattered most to us.  We want to hold him.  We want to talk to him.  Ethan especially talks about talking to him.  I ask him what he will say.  He says that he will say "I love you."  I told him that is all he has to say... it is enough.  Katelyn wants to hold him for a LONG time... she says. We would like the chance to spend some time as a little family together.  I would love to give him a bath.  After some precious family time, we would like to give him a name and a blessing.  I had to find something for him to wear.  As with other things I have had to do, nothing was quite right.  It wasn't perfect enough.  After buying many things and looking for a long time, I was able to find something that felt comfortable to me.  My friend knew someone in her ward who could alter it to make it smaller so it will be closer to his size.  This is what I found.  It seems  perfect to me now.




2 comments:

  1. I think its perfect as well, you're all in our prayers daily....love ya
    dad

    ReplyDelete