Tuesday, March 3, 2015

shoveling

It snowed.... a lot.  It hasn't snowed in a while.  It was kind of refreshing to see white instead of brown.  Me and Lincoln went out side to shovel the walks.  I really enjoy doing this and he just had to play in the snow.  There was probably 4 or 5 inches to shovel and it was really wet, making it really heavy.  I looked around about 3 hours later and noticed that most of the snow had melted off all the sidewalks and hardly anyone had shoveled.  The warmth had done the work.  

I wonder, if sometimes, I get a little over anxious about "doing" something and don't respect time and "warmth" enough.   I figure that waiting to shovel something will only make things harder.  It will be frozen solid and even colder outside, so it's better to just get out there are start working.  But sometimes the sun does the job just fine.... it just takes patience. 

I didn't mind shoveling today.  In fact, I prefer it to waiting.  I am not patient and would rather pass the time by doing something, but it was a valuable reminder today that sometimes waiting has its own rewards.