Wednesday, March 18, 2015

In His Hands

This is my favorite "personal account" book I have read thus far.  The author really gets honest and lays is all out for the reader.  After reading several books about this subject I started to realize that people were either holding back on how it really was, or my experience was very different than theirs.   I would read things that in essence said: It was really hard and I was really sad and then I remembered the resurrection and said a pray and felt better.  (I am paraphrasing).... Really? Hmmmmm......This book was better for me to read because I felt I could relate with many parts of it that I hadn't found in other books.  I wanted to hear an honest portrayal of grief.  I appreciated her candor and have a lot of respect for her and her journey. I saw not just where she ended up, but the places she had to go to get there.