Friday, August 1, 2014

Ultrasound #2

We had an ultrasound yesterday. Everything went well. Our baby boy is growing.

1. They looked for 3 main things:
Growth: He is 2 weeks behind in his growth, which puts him at the 14th percentile. They didn't seemed overly concerned with this. All of his body is growing at the same rate (which is good).
2. Amniotic fluid: I have the right amount of fluid (another good sign).
3. Placenta function: My placenta is still working great (another good sign).

He was very active during the ultrasound and Doctor D (our perinatologist) seemed somewhat surprised by this. I told her that he was always active and she said that was very reassuring. We will have another ultrasound in 4 weeks. We didn't get any good pictures, which was a disappointment, but they are going to let us use a 3D ultrasound machine next time, so we are hoping to see him a little better.
We don't know what the future holds, but he is happy, very active and growing in me for now. We are happy and reassured by this!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so grateful to hear this amazing news. He is growing and progressing. This makes me smile ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete