Thursday, August 28, 2014

baby bucket list activity #5: Cabin retreat

Baby bucket list activity #5: Cabin retreat

We were able to go up to a beautiful cabin northeast of Kamas.  This was made possible by some very generous people that Jason works with.  We also had one of his good friends lend us his 4-wheelers!  It was so kind and we were so excited.  I have to be honest.  There have been some of the things on our baby bucket list that I do because I know that I will be happy one day that I did.  But in the moment, I would rather just sit home and do nothing.  Its hard to get up and act excited and happy when my heart is hurting.  I do it anyways because I know we will treasure these memories and we will feel closer as a family.  This experience was totally different.  I had such an enjoyable time.  It's not like I forgot about Eli or anything.  On the contrary.  You never forget what is going to happen.  I was able to remember, but truly be happy and enjoy myself.  We didn't have things "planned" like I would  normally do.  We just kind of went with the flow...which is DEFINITELY NOT normal for me.  Everything was just perfect.  The weather cooperated exactly when we needed it to.  It was amazing.  The cabin was absolutely gorgeous.  I have never been in mountains so beautiful.  Who knew this existed?  Jason and I have never been up in this area, and we kept looking at each other wondering why we had never seen this beautiful part of UT.  It may be the best kept secret in UT.  There are serene  little lakes everywhere!  I have never seen anything like it.  We took the 4-wheelers to a perfect little lake called Lily lake.  We also visited mirror lake and provo river falls.  We have too many pics to post, but here are some fun ones.  Thanks again to our wonderful and generous friends for making this experience possible for us.
























2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful up there isn't it! Chad's grandma own 10 acres on the provo river in Peoa (right next to Kamas) and I feel so at peace every time we go up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, your trip sounded fun. All those,lakes were named by Jared's grandfather! There is a Clegg lake. Some of the lakes were named after Jared's grandfather's children and wife. You would love Washington falls! It is really amazing up there.

    ReplyDelete