Monday, August 25, 2014

baby bucket list activity #4: Camping

Baby bucket list activity #4: Camping

We did this a few weeks ago, but I guess I forgot to post it?

I can't say that this was my top item on the baby bucket list... probably my most dreaded.  I previously vowed to never to camping while pregnant, but Eli needed at least 1 opportunity to go so I agreed.  We drove around for almost 4 hours to find a campsite.  It was crazy!! Apparently everyone in UT county really needed to go camping last weekend.  It felt like a roadtrip  with no destination and we weren't prepared to be in the car with our kids that long (not enough snacks or activities...).  Eli was a little upset because the car ride was much too long.  We finally found a place near Strawberry reservoir.  We set up camp and started a fire. Tawny made some popcorn over the open fire and burned most the hair off her arms!  We roasted s'mores and the kids ran around in the tall grass.  It is so easy to entertain kids while camping.  We actually slept well.  I couldn't believe that my kids all slept!  It was a miracle.  Eli was slightly uncomfortable, but he tolerated it.  The next morning we had a warn, delicious breakfast, cleaned up camp, and went 4-wheeling.  I was pretty nervous to go 4-wheeling in my present condition, but wanted to try.  Preston took us on a "smooth?" trail.  I'm glad we didn't go on the bumpy one.  I haven't driven a 4-wheeler in years and needed tutorial.  It ended up being a lot of fun once I got the hang of it.  Overall, I am so glad we went.  The kids had a wonderful time and we made great memories.




He is the cutest thing ever!  He would have driven the 4-wheeler if we had let him.






Here is Eli getting his first s'more

No comments:

Post a Comment