Tuesday, August 19, 2014

First day of school

Today Ethan started 1st grade and Katelyn started 4th.  They both seemed excited but Katelyn was a little nervous.  Ethan didn't seem nervous at all.  Katelyn carefully picked out her outfit complete with necklace and earrings and Ethan grabbed a wrinkled shirt out of his drawer with a big stain on it.  I told him that he had to wear a shirt without a stain and he was pretty annoyed that he had to change.  He was also annoyed that I made him fix his hair.  Katelyn was very specific about how her hair needed to be done.  It was a fun morning watching them and their differences.  I am sad that Ethan is big enough to be in 1st grade.  Kindergarten is so short and a full day of school is sooooo long for a 6 year old.  I was a little reluctant to leave him at school, but seeing him with a smile on his face made it a lot easier for me!







No comments:

Post a Comment