Friday, April 24, 2015

You are my sunshine

I used to sing "You are my Sunshine" to Ethan every night.  I'm not sure when I stopped, but I think I need to start again.  It wasn't a haphazardly picked song.  It was very much meant for him...the first verse at least:


You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy when skies are grey.
You'll never know dear how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

Ethan has a very sweet and tender spirit.  I feel a nearness with him that doesn't come the same way as it does with Katelyn and Lincoln.  He is sensitive and thoughtful and, I can imagine, he will be a wonderful husband and father someday.  I feel especially tender towards Ethan during this time because I feel that he and Eli have a special bond that began long before this life and can reach through the veil.  There are parts of Ethan that remind me of Eli; physical and spiritual.  So many similarities...even with the process of getting them here was interestingly similar.  I guess it's fitting that the second verse of that song currently belongs to Ethan's little brother, Eli:


The other night, dear, as I lay sleeping,
I dreamed I held you in my arms.
When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken.
So, I hung my head and cried.

That is exactly what happened.