Wednesday, April 15, 2015

counting potatoes

I was washing potatoes for dinner tonight.  I pulled six out of the bag....because there are six people in our family.... then I remembered that I only needed 5.

It's weird when things like this happen, because I'm not thinking it through when I add up how many potatoes to grab.  I just do it, and THEN  I remember.  I am so aware of that sixth person and there are times, like tonight, when I have to remember that only 5 are here.  I must subconsciously be counting instead of consciously doing it?

I never thought things like this would happen to me.  It's not like I have fed him a baked potato before.  It's not like I would even be feeding him a baked potato now.  It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen.  I feel like I have forgotten someone when we leave the house.  I feel like I have to go and check on someone inside when me and all the kids are outside.... it feels like someone is missing.  Well, that makes sense, because someone is missing.