Wednesday, September 17, 2014

THANK YOU

I went to the doctor today and my regular OB, Dr. T,  was back!  THANK YOU!  I talked with him about everyone having different opinions regarding when I should deliver.  He gave me sound advice.  He seemed to understand where I am coming from better than the other doctors have.  I was soooo happy to talk to him today.  He said that the longest he would let me go would be 38 weeks.  At 38 weeks, there isn't the issue of "prematurity" so I wouldn't have to worry about that being in the back of my mind.  My thinking is that ANY baby born around 34 weeks would need some assistance to live, so if he did pass away I would always question if it was due to prematurity.  He understood that, for my own mental sanity, I need to give Eli the best chance.  I realize that I can't control the outcome, and delivering earlier or later may not even affect the outcome, but I have to do everything that lies in my power to give him the best chance at life.  
So, the plan is to let me carry him until he is 38 weeks unless Eli or I show signs of needing to do it sooner.  I am very comfortable with this plan.  (I will be 38 weeks on November 7th).

2 comments:

  1. So good that you have the care and support of a great doctor who understands your needs and concerns. Love and Hugs to you! I know you feel Eli's spirit and have that strong connection now. He is with you now and through eternity!

    ReplyDelete