Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Merry Christmas

Last year for Christmas, Jason really wanted to get me an iPad. He explained all of the really great benefits to having one. I wasn't sure how much I would use it and wasn't really sure if I wanted it at all, but there wasn't anything else I wanted,so I decided to give it a try. I don't care a great deal for electronics. Don't get me wrong... I have an iPhone and all, but I could care less if I have the latest and greatest. We recently got a larger tv,and I can't say it has enhanced my life at all. It has caused some frustration when learning the new remotes. So, I didn't think it would change my life to have an iPad, and I was worried it would sit on the counter unused. That hasn't been the case. The thing that has been most enhanced from having this handy little device is my scripture study. I can look at referenced scriptures in conference talks more easily, and take notes using the lds tools app. I like to take notes, but am very inconsistent because, in the past, I would use an old fashioned notebook and pen. Then I would lose the notebook and begin another one. It took forever to write things down and I would always feel like it was useless because I was never going  to go back and read it again. With my iPad i can just talk into the mic and it will record my notes for me. This has been revolutionary for me because I have a lot to say and would never take the time to write all of my thoughts and impressions. 

I have found that as I write things down, the spirit tells me more and more. It's as if I am saying "This is important enough for me to write down. I care about this." The spirit speaks more easily to me now as I ponder and pray and study. Maybe it's because I am physically showing that I do care about what I'm hearing/feeling.

So back in January, I entitled a section of my study notebook "especially for baby." We wanted to have another baby at the time, and I was anxious about the prospect because my other pregnancies have been hard. They seem to get harder and harder each time (physically), so I wasn't sure how this would go.  But, we did know that there was a little soul waiting to come down so it wasn't really a matter of if, but when.  I began to record impressions I had that I thought pertained or would help me through my pregnancy. I had other notebooks in my study section, so this was a rather specific way for me to keep track of feelings I had about our hopefully impending pregnancy. I want to share a few excerpts from that time as I feel it is quite interesting as I look back. Keep in mind that I didn't find out I was pregnant until March 21st.

1-6-14 
Maybe the greater experience is to have to walk through it w Him.

daily bread (D. Todd Christofferson)

He is mighty to save. He is the only "perfect helper" and "perfect" source of information we have.

Patience means staying with something until the end. It means delaying immediate gratification for future blessings. It means reining in anger and holding back the unkind word. It means resisting evil, even when it appears to be making others rich.

Patience means accepting that which cannot be changed and facing it with courage, grace, and faith. It means being “willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon [us], even as a child doth submit to his father.” Ultimately, patience means being “firm and steadfast, and immovable in keeping the commandments of the Lord” every hour of every day, even when it is hard to do so. In the words of John the Revelator, “Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and … faith [in] Jesus.” 

Continue in Patience (President Uchtdorf)

2-17-14
My body us a gift from God and is to be an instrument through which my spirit can work. It is meant to glorify God

2-25-14
It is a little presumptive to think that we know when His children are suppose to come here. We obviously need to seek His guidance and begin to try when we feel it is "time," but remember that they are His children first and He really does know what's best for them and for our whole family.

Ephesians 6:16 "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked."

Use this shield to stop you from imagining the worst or creating terrible scenarios... Use your faith to remember that God is is control. He sees the end for the beginning...He has THE plan for your life and you can trust Him.

It is so interesting to look back and see how much I need these messages now... more than before.  It is so important to record our thoughts and feeling.  It can mean more than we think...



1 comment: