Saturday, September 13, 2014

another doctors appointment

I had another doctors appointment today with my OB.  My regular OB is still gone, which I am not happy about.  I trust him the most and he seems to have all the answers.  They don't know when he will be back?  I hope it's soon.  My blood pressure is fine and his heartbeat was beautiful again.  I had no worries about it.  He is so active and I just love it.  It is so comforting and helps me feel more connected to him. 
I don't have a concrete idea of when Eli will come.  I get different opinions from different doctors.  My perinatologist just wants to keep watching Eli and me and says I could be pregnant for up to 39 weeks.  My alternate OB said that he wanted us to pick a day sometime between 34-36 weeks.  That is quite a difference.  He says the longer we go, the higher the risk of stillbirth.  I wish they had the same opinion because it would be a little easier know what to do.  He told me that there isn't really a "standard of care" for this situation, which leads to different opinions about it.  I don't feel like we can arbitrarily pick a day for him to come without a legitimate reason.  34 weeks is pretty early in my opinion, and  I would not be comfortable having him unless his condition or my conditions started to deteriorate.  I REALLY wish my regular OB  was available because, again, I trust him the most.
With that being said, I am not overly stressed about it.  I know that God will show us the way and help us make this decision. He has been there and guided us with each important decision we have to make, so he will be there this time.  I know that Eli has a plan and he isn't coming one day sooner or later than that  plan.  It's nice to know that someone with all the answers is actually in control, so I don't have to stress over my decision so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment