Wednesday, September 24, 2014

anytime

I had a bad day a few days ago.  Sometimes, it is best for me to talk to someone about it.  I usually call Jason first. Sometimes the feelings I have are so sensitive that I only want to talk to Jason.  There are a few other people I feel safe calling if he isn't available.  He does have to work sometimes : ) I called him and he didn't answer.  I called a few more people and there was no answer. I was distraught, but understood that people have other things going on and sometimes just can't answer the phone.  I knew that there was one person I could always talk to.  I have always known this, but it was so much more real this time, when I really needed someone there.  I know that I can talk to my Father in heaven anytime.  He is never in a meeting at work.  He never has his ringer turned off.  He is never stuck on another call.  He is simply always there.  I don't have to feel rushed when I talk to him.  Sometimes I worry about the time I am taking to talk to people because they have things to do.  For example, I feel like I can't talk to Jason forever because I know he is at work and actually needs to work. He has meetings and calls, etc. When I talk to my Father the reception is crystal clear.  I don't have to go to a certain room in my house so he can hear my clearly.  He understands much more than my clumsy words.  Even if I don't know how to express myself or am too upset to talk, he understands my heart.  It requires much less explanation to talk to him.  He knows exactly why I feel how I feel.  I don't have to explain the background leading up to my feelings.  I don't have to worry how I sound.  Sometimes I sound intolerant or angry or confused or sad.
I realized what a profound blessing it is to be able to have this kind of access to God.  I never have to worry if he will have time to talk to me.  When I feel desperate to talk to someone who cares, I know that I have Him.

"Prayer is a supernal gift of our Father in Heaven to every soul.  Think of it: the absolute Supreme Being, the most all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful personage, encourages you and me, as insignificant as we are, to converse with Him as our Father... He has created numberless cosmos and populated them with worlds, yet you and I can talk with Him personally, and He will ever answer." (Richard G. Scott...using the supernal gift of prayer)



No comments:

Post a Comment