Wednesday, June 10, 2015

"Starts"

Now that summer is here and my kids are home from school, I have less time to write my thoughts down; at least in a way that someone could understand them. My kids require the energy that I have, so I haven't been writing very much lately. When I do get some quiet time, I am usually too exhausted to figure out how to put my feelings into words.  Writing this blog has been very therapeutic for me and I feel I could use a little more therapy right now.  I'm surprised how much mental and emotional energy it takes to bring the thoughts and feelings I have swirling inside my heart and head, to the surface and articulate them.  But I have found that drawing those things out, has been the best thing for me.  

I have so many of what I call "blog starts:" partial writings, but not a lot of blog ends. I go back and discard some "starts" because they don't  make sense to me anymore or don't warrant the strength it would take to finish them. But I don't see it as a waste of time.  It was useful in the moment.  When I went on my trip, I thought  I would finish a lot of my blog starts, but instead, I just came home with a whole slew of new ones.  Being in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people has a way of getting your thoughts stirring.