Saturday, June 6, 2015

7 months

It has been 7 months since Eli was born.  Our last month marker seems like a really long time ago.  I'm not sure why.  I was really geared up for the 6 month mark; it felt so important for some reason.  This one was easier for me to take in.  I felt more gratitude today and less pain.  It was a peaceful and reflective day. In some ways I felt relief as I looked back on previous months....relief that somehow we made it through the first months alive.  

I was very grateful for the token of love that Eli's cousins left on his grave.  I'm not sure why it touched me so deeply; I guess I felt someone else's love for him.  I felt that he has a place in not just my heart, but aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparent's and friends hearts as well.  This is tremendously helpful to me.  I am grateful for his connection to other people in my family.