Sunday, October 4, 2015

Cascade Springs

We started a new tradition a few years ago.  We go to a place called Cascade Springs up Provo Canyon with our friends, the Hales' family, every fall.  This year I couldn't help but reminisce about last years trip.  I remember we went too late in the year and everything was mostly dead.  I was absolutely miserable as the winding roads that lead up here are a great invitation to exacerbate nausea.  I had really started to retain water at this point in the pregnancy and I even remember how tight everything felt on my body and how uncomfortable I was.  I did it last year because it felt important to keep going.  I did it because what else was I going to do?  Sit home and cry (which also happened from time to time).  But, this year was different.  I was happy that we had gone last year.  I was grateful that I have memories of family outings while I was pregnant.  I was happy we were there again.  I felt much better physically and emotionally and it was obvious as I thought about the previous year.  We went at a great time this year and the leaves were just beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment