Thursday, October 15, 2015

Pumpkin catch

I know a lot of families go to a pumpkin patch every year.  We go to a pumpkin "catch".  (At least that's what Lincoln calls it).  Last night we went to a pumpkin catch and had a great time.

Last years' visit to a pumpkin catch was quite memorable.  (Most things last year were quite memorable).  I wondered how these family activities would be for me this year...

This year we went on a hayride, went down slides, weaved through a maze and played in the corn box (akin to a sandbox)...which kind of gets my germaphobia going.  The kids kept getting corn in their ears and I was sure we were going to end up at the Instacare by the end of the night to have the kernels extracted.  In the end, all the corn came out of their ears and we found some beautiful pumpkins.  Jason hunted for a perfect pumpkin for Eli.  I gave him the biggest hug when he brought it to me.  I don't feel as much sorrow as I thought I would at doing these activities again without Eli physically with us.  Of course, I wish he were able to pick his own pumpkin, but I feel comforted as I feel him close by during these times.  He isn't here like he was last year, but he is still here... 










No comments:

Post a Comment