Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The "zuh" song

Lincoln wanted the "zuh" song tonight.  No one had any idea what that meant.  He has his own little language and it is pretty common for him to request things like that, but usually someone in the house knows what he is talking about.  I went out and announced to the rest of the family that he wanted the "zuh" song and that he had informed me it had something to do with an octopus?  I received 3 blank stares.  After racking our brains,  Katelyn suggested a song and she was right!  Hallelujah!  I sang this ridiculous song to him and midway through he told me to stop.  Maybe I should be more accurate in saying he commanded me to stop singing, then requested (or ordered) me to stay there with him.  I felt I had something other things to do, although I knew all that awaited me outside the door was Ethan wanting to look on Amazon for a special Pokemon card.  Pokemon is fine and all, but I grow weary of the constant talk about the cards.  Ethan is kind of hard for me to understand a lot of the time because he speaks so softly and talks really, really fast.  You throw in names like Reshimram and Yeveltal and I have no idea what is going. So, I wasn't thrilled about talking about that for the next 45 minutes.  I lay down next to Lincoln.  He wrapped his little arm around my back and just sort of patted me. I needed that tonight.  I needed someone to just wrap their arms around me and not say a word.  I laid there with him until he went to sleep.  His warm breath was right in my face and he smelled like a puppy and I was so happy to have him.