Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sunrise

We were in sacrament meeting at the Pine Valley church and the person conducting took just a minute to talk about the sunrise he had seen that morning, saying it was maybe the most beautiful he had ever seen.  He described the color and how it made him feel.  He felt that God was smiling down on the valley and wanted to share this with the people there.  Jason, knowing that I had been up early that morning and knowing I had seen the sunrise, leaned over to me and asked if I had seen the same thing.  I told him I  had seen the sunrise, but I hadn't seen what he was describing.  I hadn't seen "that."  I had been roughly the same place as this guy.  The same valley, at least, and seen the same sun rise, but somehow had seen something very different.  To me, it had been very ordinary.

Amazing how we could both see the same sun, but have a totally different experience.

It reminds me of how we all have the opportunity to have experiences with the Son, but it doesn't mean we are seeing the same thing.  Even in the same valley, so to speak.