Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Ethan's baptism

Ethan was baptized last Saturday.  It was a sweet and memorable day.  We had so much support from family and close friends.  We were able to share the day with JaLaine's family as her son, Logan, was born just three days after Ethan on November 4th.  I felt so fortunate to share the day with their family.

Both of our boys were so handsome and they both possess somewhat of a tender heart.  I have such a sacred spot in my heart for Ethan.  After they were baptized they each took their turn sitting in a chair as a group of Priesthood holders surrounded them to give them the gift of the Holy Ghost.  I couldn't help but notice how big the men looked compared to these two little boys, but I could sense how powerful the boys were despite their tiny frames.  It was a beautiful image to see the strength and size of these men surrounding someone much smaller, much less experienced, much more innocent, but I knew that their potential to be powerful instruments in the hands of God had nothing to do with their size.  Ethan has lots of great men to look to as he navigates through his life and I am grateful for that.  He also has a remarkable brother in heaven to help guide him.  We felt a little piece of heaven today.



No comments:

Post a Comment