Monday, September 7, 2015

10 months

We decided to hike the Y on the 5th.  It was so fun to wear our team G shirts and do this activity together.  I was pretty surprised how well the kids did.  No one had to be carried out.  We had a lot of fun together and I think the kids were proud of themselves.  I was proud of them.

It is hard to believe that 10 months have gone by since Eli was born.  There are times when it seems much longer than 10 months and times when it feels like just a few weeks ago.  One thing I learned while I was pregnant with Eli was how to live in the moment.  I can't say I have always excelled at that, and I'm not pretending to be an expert now, but I had so many experiences while I was pregnant with Eli that helped me appreciate each moment I had with him.  I believe that was one of Eli's gifts to us.  He helped our family (and especially me) to find the joy in a seemingly ordinary moment.  I love when I feel this and am grateful for the experiences that we had with Eli last summer that taught me this.  Hiking the Y was one of those ordinary moments that was truly special to me.  I love wearing our shirts and I always think about how Eli wears one as well.  It is unifying and strengthens me.

Thank you Eli.