Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Just a little drama:
I got a call from Katelyn's school at 3:30 a couple of days ago. School lets out at 3:15 so I was a little nervous when I answered thinking Katelyn might me hurt or something. It was Katelyn on the phone. She was quite upset and wanted me to come get her. I asked her why. She said that she was "SOOO lonely" and didn't think she could walk home by herself. We live 1 block away from the school. I can literally see the doors from my front porch. I told her, as sweetly as I could, that she needed to walk home. I went outside and met her part way and she was in tears... so upset!!! She asked my why I couldn't come get her. "Was I busy doing something else?" I tried to explain that we live really close and she truly will be OKAY for that 1 block walk home. We did arrange for her to walk home with a neighbor shortly after that to avoid the lonely walk home.
Ohhh... won't the teenage years be interesting with her..

No comments:

Post a Comment