Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Posted by Picasa
I went to a training for "Change Anything" at Jason's work. Periodically they allow friends and family to go through a training so the trainers can "practice" and the "friends and family" can enjoy a little perk of their loved one working at Vital Smarts. Jason is so awesome! He signs me up for the trainings and offers to stay home and watch the kids all day (ummm.... AMAZING!) Who doesn't want a break every now and again; plus the trainings are GREAT!!!! Well... before I left for the day I left a paper with instructions on it. Jason is an amazing father and doesn't really need "instructions," but I thought some info would be helpful like when to put Linc down for a nap, who would be taking Katelyn to school, etc. It was a very BRIEF list of instructions. When I came home Katelyn had written HER instructions on the back (and no, she was not trying to be funny... she is dead serious).
This is what it said:

Open garage at 3:10 (so she could come in after school)
Get out afternoon snack at 2:50 (2:50? I guess she wanted it ready and WAITING for her)
Let Lincoln watch a movie.
Make sure Ethan is a good listener (??)
Try to be quiet while Lincoln is asleep.
Try to get Lincoln to take a longer nap.
Make sure Ethan doesn't bam Lincoln on the floor (good tip).
Make sure Ethan has quiet time.
Help him get a treat.
Make sure Ethan and Lincoln don't get hurt.
Make sure Ethan gets playtime.
Try to make Lincoln cry not so often.
Read books to Lincoln.
Play some goldfish games with Lincoln.
Give Lincoln at least 2 naps.

I don't know what I am doing at home... it sounds like she has all the important points covered. She makes me laugh and amazes me at the same time.

When I got home I was handed the following 2 lists (by Katelyn)

BAD LIST FOR MOM!!! (Big frowny face drawn next to title)

1. Dad, Lincoln and Ethan were sleeping when I got home.
2. I forgot my beaver picture
3. I got no afternoon snack
4. Netflix won't turn on
5. Haunted Castle on Hallow's Eve is on my book list
6. Stains got on my good list
7. I have good news I don't get to tell you.
8. You could make everything better if you were here

Now, #8 kinda broke my heart, but.. in my own defense, I hardly EVER leave the house. It was an 8 hour day away that happens MAYBE once a year. There is more than a little drama at our house. Poor girl!

Here is the
GOOD LIST FOR MOM (followed by a big happy face)

1. For reading stamina I got 25!
2. I got all the way ready!
3. Junie B Jones is on my book list!
4. A book about Lincoln is on my book list!
5. People gave me the ball at airball!
6. We got 5 minute music!
7. No head on our desks!
8. The garage was opened!
9. I know how to get an afternoon snack!
10. What could be better than 10 good things?! (my favorite "good thing")
11. I started level M (reading level)
12. only 8 bad things and 12 good things

She has an active mind, if you can't tell... ALWAYS GOING! I thought that it was very sweet and mature that she was able to think of 12 good things to counteract her 8 bad things.

1 comment:

  1. Brooke, WOW! Katelyn amazes me. Seriously impressed by this.I love how on her list for Jason she says "try to" on most, as to not sound bossy or something! I have been meaning to tell you that a few months back when I was the sub for Austins primary class Katelyn was in the row behind us. She knew every song perfectly and every answer to thier questions (which she politely raised her hand for)! She was darling. What a great first child, soo responsible:)

    ReplyDelete