Sunday, March 2, 2014

Rediscovering the blog

Well... its only been a year since my last post.  Oops.  I have such a hard time with the "blogger"thing.  It's not that I don't have time or that I forget... I just wonder who would care if I posted anything.  My little world lives inside my house, and I forget how important all of the other people are that don't live under my roof.  I am not a huge fan of facebook or other social networking sites.  Don't get me wrong... they definitely have their place and can be great TOOLS for certain things, but the overall idea of it makes me queasy.  It is a wonderful place to say: "Look how cool I am!"  "Look how happy my family is every single second!"  "Look at this perfect meal I made for my invalid neighbor!"  "I really am awesome (but please make sure to leave me a comment about my awesomeness so I don't forget!)"  I know that ALL people don't use social media in this way.  Just enough people that it ruins it for me! I find out about many important things looking through facebook (babies born, people moving in, etc.)  I find myself wanting to post things I am excited or nervous or annoyed about, but I always seem to stop myself.  Does the whole world really need to know about that? (or care for that matter?)
Well... I have things I want to share and I remembered this little thing called a blog that is all mine.  I can say whatever I want and nobody has to look at it if they don't want to. I can also share some things that are going on with my family without feeling like I am bragging or being obnoxious.  That's the idea.  We'll have to see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment