Thursday, January 5, 2012

This is to all you moms out there with little kids....I just have to say this!!!! Getting ready for the day is overrated. Who really cares if you get dressed in your cutest outfit and fix your hair everyday? Today I actually got up, showered, kind of fixed my hair (the traditional ponytail because, why would I leave it down to let Linc pull all day) and put on a new shirt. It felt nice to be ready, but I really don't feel any different than yesterday (when I wore my old sweat pants from 4 years ago and a hoodie). We are supposed to dress for the occasion, right? I am a stay at home mom which involves a lot of manual labor, being on the floor and, lets face it, and lots of poo poo and pee pee. Why do so many moms thing they have to get up and look like a runway model everyday? I do think it is important to get ready sometimes so you feel like a human being, but not all the time. I opened the door this morning at about 9:30 am and there stood the primary president. The first thing she said was: "wow... you are dressed and ready for the day."
I think she said this because she wasn't...
I said " you should have seen me yesterday..."
She is the primary president and was on a primary president errand (at 9:30 in the morning). What was she doing instead of getting ready? HER CALLING! There is always a trade off... if you take the time to get ready, you may not have time to clean the toliet (which happened to me today). Because I am taking time to write down my thoughts about "getting ready" I probably won't get the dishes done before Ethan comes home from preschool. OH WELL!!! I wish everyone would stop being so hard on themselves (including me) about getting so much done. My kids aren't going to remember if I got ready or even if the dishes were done... they will remember how I fulfilled my most important calling of all: MOTHERHOOD

3 comments:

  1. You nailed it! How true it is my boys could care less if the bathrooms or kitchen were clean they just care about the time together.

    ReplyDelete