Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My favorite Christmas memory this year:
We went to Grandpa and Grandma Reynolds' house for the annual BINGO game. I was in the adjacent room, later on in the evening, taking care of Lincoln. There are times, when we are at family gatherings, that I feel little left out because I am in the other room taking care of a baby, but this time was different. Lincoln was totally relaxed and I was totally relaxed. I sat and held him as I listened to the joyful chatter in the next room. I felt like everything was complete. Every time Ethan would open a BINGO present there was a little squeal of delight:
"Wow... a towel!"...
"Look... a big tootsie roll!"
He was just happy to be part of the action and get ANYTHING! It was so sweet to listen to. Then I had the thought :
"This (meaning Christmas) all began with a baby."
I was so happy to have my sweet baby in my arms to to be surrounded by that joyful noise.
I remembered Christ and thought about the peace and sweetness Mary must have felt as she held him on that first Christmas night. The holidays get too busy sometimes for me to slow down and remember what I'm really supposed to be doing. That moment brought everything together for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love it when you have those full circle moments
    (or as Oprah likes to call them ah-ha moments). It is such a great reminder of what is really important!

    ReplyDelete