Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Well... it's official. I am
30
It's interesting that I remember each of my decade birthdays so well. When I turned 10 we lived with my Grandma Snow. I remember that my mom did my hair in some fancy french braid that went all around my head. I looked in the mirror and remember thinking... " Wow... I'm 10. I am so grown up." I had a few things figured out... I knew what that I wanted to marry someone like my dad when I grew up. I knew that I liked chocolate. I knew that I still had a lot to learn, but I was in the UPPER grades now and I got to play on the big playground.
When I turned 20 I was living in Hawaii. I played on the beach all day and then went to Hard Rock Cafe for dinner and ordered their biggest chocolate dessert. I had figured out a little more by then: I knew it takes hard work to get anywhere in life. I knew that sometimes you have to fight for what you want. I knew WHO I wanted to marry. I definitely knew that I still loved chocolate.
Well... now I'm 30 and I'm not sure if my hair will be in a princess braid and I wish I was in Hawaii, but I'm not. I will spend my day making meals, changing diapers, holding Lincoln and being grateful that my life is quite simple. I have learned a little more the last 10 years. I have learned that you have to give people a break sometimes, because everyone is going through something tough. I have learned that the only things that really matter are your family and friends and their happiness. I have learned that life goes by so quickly and it's hard to savor the precious moments, but we have to try. I have learned that chocolate is very important in my life... TRULY. I am happy to be 30 and have 3 beautiful children and a wonderful husband. Life just keeps getting better... I wonder what 40 will be like...


By the way... I wrote this on my birthday (July 21st) and forgot to post it... oops. I guess I am a little more scatterbrained at 30?!

1 comment:

  1. Well said my wise neighbor (you will always be my neighbor :) )

    ReplyDelete