Wednesday, June 17, 2009


We just moved from our home of 5 yrs. It has been a really great experience living in Spanish Fork. Every single "I will never..." phrase in my life has come to pass. Here are some examples: "I will never go to Ricks college..." "I will NEVER marry you..." (directed at Jason and expressed with some intensity). "I will never live in Spanish Fork..." and "I will really NEVER live in Payson." Well... at least the stay in Payson is temporary. It is amazing, too, that all of these NEVER statements have turned out to be the greatest joys in my life! I am glad that God and all of the people around me just ignore me when I say never...especially Jason. Most rational human beings would turn and RUN the other way when someone gave them a statement like I gave him. He did the opposite and took it as a challenge and came out victorious as he always does when someone says "NEVER." I love this particular quality about him and believe God gave him this gift, mainly to marry me. (That may be a bit arrogant...) Back to saying goodbye to the house...it was very bittersweet. We have become a family in our house. We brought home 2 kids from the hospital. We have learned how to work together and play together and be happy! It is so much more to be than a structural dwelling. It is all the emotions I have felt over the last 5 years wrapped into one. We worked so hard to make our home look nice. You really do appreciate things so much more when you work for them.
As we were moving out and cleaning up I thought "Can the next people really enjoy and appreciate this house the way we do?" They will in their own way. There are things I won't miss, like the silverware drawer that was 4 inches wide, and the neighbors dog pooping in my yard daily (but I am assured there will be another dysfunctional drawer and an endless supply of pet shelter candidates awaiting me at my next house). All in all, I am excited to be moving forward to a new house and a new phase in life, but I will always remember our first house with fondness.

No comments:

Post a Comment